DAYSLAND PALACE THEATRE
The Palace Theatre was built in 1952 by the Tury’s; Mom and Dad even lived upstairs. The inaugural show was “Snow White” and all the ticket receipts were donated back to The Town of Daysland. Their son Steve apprenticed to become a licensed projectionist and in 1962, Steve and his wife Olga took over the theatre. They showed movies every night of the week (plus a Saturday matinee) and ran it successfully for the next 34 years. In 1999 the Daysland and District Cultural Arts Society (DaysArts) took over the theatre and the renovations began…….. After many hours of volunteering and with generous financial support from organizations, businesses and individuals, the society opened the doors in December of that year. The theatre has been showing movies every weekend, staffed by volunteers. The theatre moved a step forward in terms of entertainment a couple of years later. In March 2001 an expanded 24 foot staging area for a concert series and dinner theatre was completed.
2011 – Upstairs lounge area renovated.
2012 – Main bathrooms renovated.
2013 – Installation of Digital Projector and Dolby Surround Sound
2015 – New seats and floor.
2016 – Concession updated